13 July 2010

Lean Education

I'm in the middle of training to become a certified Black Belt in the AF's version of Lean. I'm actually enjoying the course quite a lot - the instructors are great, the material's interesting and despite the strong flavor of manufacturing, I'm learning stuff I can actually use.

I've got to admit this Lean / Six-Sigma / Theory of Constraints stuff makes a lot of sense - still no fan of the late Dr. Hammer & his Business Process Reengineering though. I'm still figuring out how to use this stuff in my more creative pursuits, but I definitely see a place for it in the contract management part of my life.

I guess that's all I wanted to say - the class is good, I'm learning useful stuff and enjoying it.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Cool!

Awadhesh said...

Great!!!

We can expect some new insights from you after this :-)